Friday, 7 October 2011

Meet S.A.F.E organisers

the organisers

Hauchi Hauchi hucha ~ Swahili saying for all things come to pass or something on that line. As mentioned in a previous post, Runway254 will be sponsoring an event, well it is here, yep tomorrow from 6p SAFE goes down for only Ksh 300 to non- students and Ksh 250 for students. There will be a fashion show and exhibition by students. I am really looking forward to it. The event is happening on Kiambere Rd in Upper Hill. 

Directions
If you will be javing, alight at Nyayo Stadium, walk up until Kengeles, cross over past the railway tracks...I know...go up the foot path on the left and you will be on Masaba Rd, it will be best to have your google map on just to know you are on the right track. Go up the hill past West Breeze Hotel, when you get to the tarmac, which is Kiambere Rd, turn right and walk to gate No 10 which should be on your left.

Organisers
I gave a brief about the three lovely ladies;



Name: Emily Mumbi Wamucii
Age: 22 years Old
Occupation: Fashion Design Student
"I’m very passionate about fashion. I started designing clothes in high school and I want to do it for the rest of my life. My style is simple, very bright, and colorful. Most of my designs are inspired by artifacts from different communities and they include a lot of beadwork. My preference is women’s wear and specifically occasional dresses; gowns, cocktail dresses, etc."


Name: Wendy Awuor
Age: 22 years Old
Occupation: Fashion Design Student
Activities: Fashion Designing, Jewelry designing
Personal Style: stylish, chic
My designs are Modern and stylish with a twist of culture. I like details and enjoy playing around with pleats, gathers, trimmings, and anything that really adds color, texture to the designs.
Goals and ambitions: To be a successful jewelry and garment designer


Name:Boyani Moturi
Age: 21 years old
Occupation: Fashion Design and Marketing student and fashion blogger
"I love fashion because of what it allows you to do. It allows you to express yourself and your client. It allows you to be adventurous, to be over the top, to be loud and at the same time, soft , gentle and toned down. Fashion lets you be who you want to be. My personal style is simple and chic. I love clothes that pay attention to details. When designing, I like to use simple silhouettes and add a twist using the cut or the colour of the garment.My short term goal is to change how people perceive fashion through my designs and my blog."

Now that you know a something about the organiser, where the event is happening, why dont you come along and support these students as they try make their head way in the fashion world. See you there (:

4 comments:

  1. fashion is something that will always change and bring to us good things in life, it makes us feel brand new each and every moment an idea is born, you smile and feel high when new designs are growing wishing you live fashion for ever,

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big shout out to the three beautiful ladies. No doubt, so full of talent. Cant wait to see their work in international fashion shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Now I have a plan for the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing love, #tsafe is the twitter tag

    ReplyDelete