Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Wangari Maathai, the head bow Ambassador


I love the color, I love the black end bit
I am one of those people who things either hit last or first. Well unlike other recent occurrences, I am having a hard time digesting that Wangari Maathai is gone. While everyone else is talking about her achievements and how Africa has lost a great daughter, I am looking at her pictures and saying to myself here is a woman who loved her Kitenge and her head bows plus color, look at all her vitenges...DIVINE!!!


I can't explain it but if you look real close you will see it
 I call this the classic invert bow

My girl, Curfew of Tressfreedom sells amazing hair bows...keep it hear to see my modern day Wangari Maathai look with them...another look I love, I call it the rose twist (:



2 comments:

  1. I didn't notice this until this post! The headbows were amazing!

    R.I.P Wangari Maathai

    Xo
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to have a rerun of that, maybe a headbow night in her honor, xoxo

    ReplyDelete